Christmas is coming, so the translation elves are getting very busy!
The next few weeks are traditionally the busiest time of year for translation agencies. Here are some insider tips on how you can beat the rush.
- Order now to avoid the rush on our most in-demand language pairs: Finnish-Swedish, and Finnish-English
- Combine many small orders into one larger batch, as it is more efficient for the translator to get the meaning and tone of your texts, leading to more accurate translation and better cohesiveness (as well as the possibility of a volume-based price discount!)
- Translations are charged on the number of words, so you will get a more accurate estimate of delivery time and cost if you tell us how many words there are in your text, not how many pages, for example.
- Got a very industry-specific translation, such as legal or medical text, that will require a specialized translator? Then book your translator well in advance – just let us know the subject matter, the language pairs, and the approximate size, and we’ll reserve the best translator for you!
- Provide your text in an easily editable file format, and send the original file whenever possible, as it allows the use of translation memories for more efficient translations, which usually means cheaper, faster and more cohesive translations, too!
- If you have character limits for the translation, make sure to state them that so the translator knows straight away what the length should be. Good examples are titles, email previews, slogans, and meta text.
- Remember: translation is a volume business. So, if you value speed of delivery and you have large volumes, ask us about integration with your content management system or marketing automation system.
Christmas opening hours: we will be closed on December 6 and 24–26, and January 1 and 6.
Special discount offer
If you’ve been nice, and you have a large order that you want to submit before Finnish Independence Day (December 6), then contact us directly to get your large-volume discount!